Friday, September 2, 2011

Happy Birthday, Alison!

Alison is one year old today!  What an incredible year!  I've learned so much from her, like how to appreciate the tiny, tiny, tiny things (e.g. the fact that grabbing an object is not such a simple task).

So, how is the nature experiment going?  It's hard to say, but there are some subtle things that I think are a result of making sure the computer is turned off (we don't even own a TV) and she gets plenty of time outside.  She's an explorer, prefers to spend her time outside, notices animals before I do, eats her vegetables, and she's never sick.  I guess she is a pretty normal kid for her age - inquisitive and happy and that's all I can ask for.  I think my real challenge really begins this year: when she starts to gain independence and learn what a TV is, how do I keep her coming back to nature?  

9-2-10

9-2-11

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Alison. I think she's super-baby, I've never ever heard of a baby not being sick, especially the first 2 years of their life. Maybe all the time outside is keeping her stress level low :-)

    ReplyDelete